Speaker: Ps. Peter Kumar
After God’s Heart
· Worship should come from your heart and not just simply raising your hand.
· God is asking if He has a place in your heart and if you are willing to do anything for Him.
· Acts 13:22 – “After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.”
o God’s friends were Abraham, Moses, and David.
o David became a man after God’s own heart because he was willing to do all His wills.
o You must be willing to do what God wants, which will earn you a place in God’s heart.
· If God is about to say something about you to someone else, what will He say?
· John 14:31 – “but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me. Come now; let us leave.”
o As God gives commandment, so I do.
· 1 Samuel 16:12-13 – “So he sent for him and had him brought in. He was glowing with health and had a fine appearance and handsome features. Then the Lord said, “Rise and anoint him; this is the one.” So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon David. Samuel then went to Ramah.”
· God is desperate to tell somebody about you.
o “You are the one” is a powerful statement. This means that God begins to trust you.
· The typical average understanding: “God loves me”. But, it is difficult to say “I love God.”
o Actions versus words.
o “I love You, God” is not just simply speech, but you must show that it is sincere and that you mean it!
o There is no relationship with God without love.
· God can bless everyone, but He can never trust everyone.
o When He trusts you, He will tell people, “You are the One.”
· 2 Samuel 7:8-9 – “Now then, tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty says: I took you from the pasture, from tending the flock, and appointed you ruler over my people Israel. 9 I have been with you wherever you have gone, and I have cut off all your enemies from before you. Now I will make your name great, like the names of the greatest men on earth.”
o There is a purpose for each of us.
o God speaks, God wants to tell you the plan He had
o God wants you to one day become a man (or woman) after His own heart.
· 2 Samuel 3:17-18 – “Abner conferred with the elders of Israel and said, “For some time you have wanted to make David your king. 18 Now do it! For the Lord promised David, ‘By my servant David I will rescue my people Israel from the hand of the Philistines and from the hand of all their enemies.’”
o We don’t understand how God works.
· Trust is powerful, it’s becoming dependable and it isn’t just words.
· Psalms 139:17-18 – “How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand – when I awake, I am still with you.”